2011-03-23 / Front Page
Rebuilding Steeples, Opening Doors
Ordained by Cardinal Ratzinger, Father Scott-Hamblen now leads Philipstown’s Episcopalians
St. Mary-in-the-Highlands, a large Gothic church made of grey granite, seated at the intersection of Routes 9D and 301 in Cold Spring, has been home to Philipstown Episcopalians since 1869. The original St. Mary’s building, a smaller structure of similar design, was built in 1841 and was located in the center of Cold Spring.