Fall Ball Auction Items Announced
The Haldane School Foundation will hold its 2012 Fall Ball fundraiser at the Roundhouse in Beacon on Friday, October 12. The Foundation has announced some of the items that will be auctioned off that night to raise funds to enrich the educational experience at Haldane. Among the items included in the Silent Auction will be the following:
• A recording session at The Loft, the Bronxville studio owned and run by Cold Spring resident Al Hemberger that has hosted and recorded Rihanna, Rod Stewart, Christina Aguilera, the Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears. (The auction winner will leave the studio with his or her own, finished CD.)
• A half-day behind the wheel of a Cadillac CTS-V, the world’s fastest sports sedan with 551 horsepower and top speed of 191 mph, on the “Road Course” at Ari Straus’s Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, NY, with a professional driver at your side to teach you the ins and outs of racing.
• A football signed by New York Jets legend Joe Namath.
• Amazing artwork by local artists Tyson Tinsley and Carla Goldberg.
• Design, name and enjoy a gallon of your very own flavor of ice cream at Moo Moo’s Creamery.
“From the latest painting in Tyson Tinsley’s acclaimed “Corvus Rex” series to the chance to cut a CD with multiplatinum engineer and producer Al Hemberger, the items in this year’s Silent Auction reflect the amazing and diverse pool of talent we have in the Haldane Community,” says Melia Marzollo, Foundation auction chair. “Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the Silent Auction is a fun opportunity to acquire one of these unique items while helping to fund the educational enrichment at Haldane.”
Cash Dash for Health, Wellness, Fitness and Fields
In addition to the Silent Auction, this year’s Fall Ball will feature the “Cash Dash,” a special live fundraising event hosted by Haldane Schools Superintendent Dr. Mark Villanti. Proceeds from the Cash Dash will benefit the Haldane Health, Wellness, Physical Fitness and Fields Initiative, which will help fund improvements to Haldane’s playing fields, the Farm to School Program, the Haldane School EcoGarden, the restoration of the Haldane greenhouse and the Haldane Physical Education Department.
“Haldane is emerging as a leader in Health and Wellness due to innovative programs like Farm to School and the EcoGarden,” says Haldane Schools Superintendent Dr. Mark Villanti. “The Cash Dash will advance this initiative even further by continuing to fund these efforts and helping to fund other new projects, such as the high-profile renovation of Haldane’s playing fields — which will play an important role in improving the physical fitness of Haldane students.”
Since its inception in 2000 the Haldane School Foundation has awarded almost $500,000 in educational enrichment grants to the Haldane School District. The 2012 Fall Ball will feature cocktails, fine food, music and dancing in the exciting new event space at the Roundhouse in Beacon. Tickets are going fast, for more information on ticket availability go to www.haldaneschoolfoundation.org. For more information, contact Tom Casey at 914-552-3874.